Tuesday 28 November 2023

AT postscript

Hospital 


Stopping walking was the hardest part of the AT. I had over a week with Matt and Mandy before heading home. My body reacted to stopping and my muscles ached so bad that I couldn’t sleep at night. I went to doctor but they just gave me painkillers. 


I returned home and the sleepless night continued. I went to the doc here and he gave me strong painkillers and that got me to sleep. But then I got Bell’s palsy and my mouth and eye sagged. The doc thought it might be a stroke so sent me to A&E. I was admitted and A CT scan and MEI showed no sign of stroke!!! Phew. But the symptoms worried them. They put me on antibiotics for Lyme disease and sent off a test. The drugs certainly work and I felt much better. The test eventually came back as positive. Oh no. At least I was treated for it. Having the positive result explains my body’s reaction to stopping.


I’m back to full health and strength. I’ll have to monitor Lymes but so far so good. I think they got it in time. 


Welcome home presents 

Posters 

Hospital life. 

Hospital food. 


2 comments:

  1. Scary! Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Please keep in touch with your first 100 mile crew!
    Thanks, Jim (Scout) Lumsden 301.520.6758

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bittersweet, Lennon here, you’ve been busy, the dreaded Lyme disease. Man, I’m glad you’re feeling good. I knew a forester who had it. An amazing journey you completed. Simply amazing

    ReplyDelete

AT postscript

Hospital  Stopping walking was the hardest part of the AT. I had over a week with Matt and Mandy before heading home. My body reacted to sto...