Friday 14 July 2023

AT 108- 14th July [685.7]



SURPRISED BY HIKER ON TRAIL


Matt drove from ME to CT to surprise me, and he sure did. I saw this sobo coming towards me and I said to my self I must ask his name, then as he got closer it was Matt!!! We walked back to his car and we drove to Salisbury for dinner. Then he hiked out and slept in the woods with me. It was so good to see him. Jason was involved tracking me to make sure Matt got on the right bit of track!!! 

I did 24.7 miles that day but it was easier than the 22 because of not too many climbs and good food all day. I also stoped for lunch in a real cafe. 

As you know I stop to talk to everyone, I saw 4 engineers beside a hydroelectric power station so I went to talk. The head guy asked if I like to see inside, oh boy YES! It was built in 1914 and still producing 9MW, fun to see the plant and chat. 


 






12 comments:

  1. Priceless🥰… well done Matt! V

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see Matt. Did he hide behnd a tree and growl like a bear before he jumped out? So glad you get this time together. X S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Great to see you Matt. Glad you can be together this weekend. We are with you Steve every step of the way (from the comfort of our sofas obviously) You are doing so well. Thank you for sharing your adventure with us. Take care. From Hilda & all in Ballytarsna

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely surprise! Well done Matt and Steve.
    Daph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Matthew- hope you surprised him. Enjoy your time together L & H xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, that's brilliant. I'm sure you gave hig a great big hug. Thinking of you both especially today ❤️. Eimear x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve, Susie and I are so proud of you and amazed at what you are doing! We are praying for blessing and strength for you all the way to the finish. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super....what a lovely surprise. WELL DONE Matt....Well done Steve.. D+C xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you all.today in particular ...well done so far ....amazing..Prayers and Blessings John and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly amazing news especially today,Matt that's incredible and Jay to organize x jac

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looooove that Matt got to see you!! Wish we could too!!! N xx

    ReplyDelete

AT postscript

Hospital  Stopping walking was the hardest part of the AT. I had over a week with Matt and Mandy before heading home. My body reacted to sto...