Saturday 22 July 2023

AT 115 - 21st July [590.9]



Old Seth camping area. 


I moved into Vermont today, that leaves this & 2 more states to go. Also there’s a 5?? in what’s left!!! I do need to be careful because you get the feeling you are nearly there. But what’s left is the same as the Camino I did last year and also it Georgia plus Virginia which were seriously long. I had a problem today because we had arranged to go to new Seth shelter but I discovered there is no tent sites so I stopped early but couldn’t get High Route on the phone to tell him. I can just hear him now arriving and swearing like a trooper!!!! We should meet tomorrow and I’m sure I’ll get the whole story. 


Thought for the day. 


Jesus was crucified and rose again and showed himself to the 11 and even after that “some doubted”. We find it hard the believe that they would doubt and we think if we were there would would never double. What about everyday in our walk of faith, do we doubt? I know I have times of doubt!!! 


Matthew 28:16-17

[16] Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. [17] And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted.









2 comments:

  1. Settle in for another 105 miles on this long trail ! J

    ReplyDelete

AT postscript

Hospital  Stopping walking was the hardest part of the AT. I had over a week with Matt and Mandy before heading home. My body reacted to sto...